Monday, March 14, 2011

Self Improvement Hell

It's the season of Lent. I don't really know what it means since I'm not Catholic.
BUT, being a better person always appeals to me so here's what happened...

I decided to try "Runner's Lent." I will run the New York City Half Marathon this weekend and I came up w/ this plan 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks seemed much more doable than 46 days. So I gave up soda (paaap) til after the race. Easy enough.

Then I decided that I wanted to try a daily challenge. So I am forcing myself to wash my face every night before bed. It needs to be done, and I'm teaching myself through discipline and hard work that zits in your mid-30s are not appealing. So apparently I pray to the God of all things superficial.

THEN, I challenged a friend at work to do something everyday for herself for the remaining 40 days of Lent. She is super duper stressed and doing little things like read a non-work related book, give yourself a pedicure, etc will be so good for her. So then I got jealous. I can't do 40 days of "me time" because I already do the running thing and if I add on any more "me time," my husband may do "leaving time." So then I got creative. I'm doing 40 Days of Home Improvement. Hubby can't complain about a clean house, right? I feel better because I'm doing things that need to get done and make me a better person. It's a win win. Well, it's a win-win on day two. Ask me on day 27...

Here's hoping I make it through March and April, and if I do, I will be a caffeine free, fresh faced, clean housed mama jama.

No comments:

Post a Comment